The Patient Centered Health Care Home (PCHCH) Program at West Hawaii Community Health Center is a team-based approach that facilitates a partnership between individual patients and their primary care providers (PCP), helps address the patient’s health care needs, and coordinates and facilitates their treatments through the health care system. Our PCHCH Program received Level III NCQA Recognition in August 2013.
What Are the Benefits of a Health Care Home?
• Increased patient satisfaction
• Improved coordination of care
• Enhanced efficiency
• Increased wellness due to comprehensive care
• Honest and respectful information exchange
• Support in finding resources
• Partnership promotes health and quality of life
• Decreased use of emergency room services
How do I begin?
If you or a family member is interested in participating in the health care home, talk about it with your primary care provider at your next visit.