At West Hawaii Community Health Center, we know that balanced wellness includes physical and mental health, accessibility to quality care, and affordable services for the individual and the entire family. Offering a broad scope of medical, dental, and behavioral health services, West Hawaii Community Health Center provides to people of all ages…infants to elders, individuals to families, and island residents to visiting guests. In addition, we offer patient and family education, women’s health services, diabetes support groups, and on-site translation services.
West Hawaii Community Health Center is, unfortunately, unable to provide services for any motor vehicle accident or Worker’s compensation where there is an active, open claim.
Most private and public insurances are accepted including HMSA, AlohaCare, Medicaid (Quest), and Medicare. If you do not have insurance, discounts are available based on income and family size. Our friendly staff will help determine eligibility for discount services. West Hawaii Community Health Center accepts cash, check, Visa, and MasterCard. No one is denied service because of income or lack of insurance.
Our core service is primary medical care for individuals and families.
Our primary health services include:
- Preventive and acute medical care
- Health screenings, assessments, and counseling
- Well person/well child exams, treatment, and follow-up
- Care for diabetes, asthma, heart, and other diseases
- School, sports, and employment physicals
- Behavioral health assessments, treatment, and/or referral
- Immunizations, TB testing
- Basic laboratory testing
- Women’s health and family planning
- STD testing, treatment, and counseling
- Treatment and follow-up care for injuries and illnesses
- Referrals for speciality care
- Translation and culturally sensitive services
Eligibility assistance for sliding fee scale, insurance, and other benefits. Please call (808) 327-0803 for assistance.
To make an appointment, call 326-5629.
West Hawaii Community Health Center offers dental services at the Kealakekua Keiki Dental Center, the Kealakehe Dental Center, and our recently opened Waikoloa Village Dental Health Center.
The Kealakekua Keiki Dental Center provides comprehensive dental services for infants through 17 years old youth. At the Kealakehe Dental Center we provide both keiki and adult dental treatment.
We do our best to see all walk-in emergency dental patients on the same day they arrive, however, due to time constraints we may need to reschedule. You do not need to be an established patient to receive Adult Emergency care.
Our primary dental services include:
- Comprehensive oral examinations
- Dental cleaning
- Assessment of risk of tooth decay
- Guidance for how to prevent tooth decay
- Instructions for at-home care
- General Education about:
- Tooth development
- Dental injury prevention
- Dietary recommendations to prevent tooth decay
- Thumb/finger sucking, pacifier habits related to teeth
- Speech & language development, as it related to teeth
We are welcoming new patients at all dental health centers.
Waikoloa Village: 657-0844
West Hawaii Community Health Center’s Behavioral Health program began in November 2007 to better serve patients. Our team of skilled psychologists and clinical social workers deliver integrated care that treats the whole person and provide support to patients managing their health conditions. Our providers are trained to assess and treat an array of emotional and behavioral difficulties and offer services for children, adolescents, adults, and families.
Call to schedule an appointment or to establish care, 326-5629.